LATEST INFORMATION ON RE-OPENING
May 27, 2020
Hello Previous and Prospective Club Members,
We hope you will be joining us this year!
We’re thrilled to announce that East York Tennis Club is open for play starting June 1st.
I can assure you that this year will be like no other. Due to COVID-19, many changes have been implemented to follow guidance from the City of Toronto and our health officials. For your safety, for the safety of all club members, and for our community, it is vital that we practice physical distancing.
How to Join This Year
In order to play at East York Tennis Club you must first register and pay your 2020 membership fees online. No cheques or cash payments are accepted at this time. Please register via our website on this link.
But before you register, we request that you carefully read the Club’s information package: Important New Guidelines for COVID-19 Health & Safety. This document outlines the changes the Club is making as well as what is required from you as a tennis player.
- Highlights of Changes
- Singles play only (no doubles at this time).
- Bring your own balls, water and hand sanitizer.
- No guests or spectators allowed at the site.
- Online court booking.
- The courts will be open for members 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evening.
- Staff will be on-site during member hours to guide you through these new requirements.
- All group activity, team play, socials and junior programs including the after school program have been cancelled for now.
- We are not accepting juniors as members at this time. Adults only.
- All members will be expected to be in compliance with the new guidelines for COVID-19
If you are healthy and comfortable with these new requirements, we look forward to your joining us as a 2020 member of the East York Tennis Club!
Our New Head Pro
I am also thrilled to announce that Bruno Sepe is stepping up to be our new Head Pro to replace John McManus who retired at the end of last season. Many of you know Bruno as he has been with our club for some 10 years. He has strong credentials and a solid background teaching tennis. Bruno will be ably assisted by Andy Smits. East York Tennis Club is very fortunate to have such an experienced pro team.
See you on the court!
Glenn Dunford, President