LATEST INFORMATION ON RE-OPENING
Hello Previous and Prospective Club Members,
Due to COVID-19, many changes have been implemented to follow guidance from the City of Toronto and our health officials. For your safety, for the safety of all club members, and for our community, it is vital that we practice physical distancing.
ALL Members this season must read, comply with, and sign our COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy before coming onsite or booking a court.
Our COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy
By attending East York Tennis Club and by booking a court, I recognize the infectious nature of the COVID-19 virus, and the potential to be infected by a person showing no symptoms of exposure to the virus.
I understand that there exists a risk that I could be infected with the COVID-19 virus as a result of my attendance at the Club, and suffer serious medical consequences, even death, as well as financial loss, and in full knowledge and understanding of these risks, I declare that I freely assume such risks as the consequence of my choice to use the Club, that such use shall be entirely at my own risk, and that I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, successors and estate, hereby irrevocably waive as against the Club and its directors, officers, employees, sponsors, independent contractors and agents, as well as my fellow Members all recourse, proceedings, claims, and causes of action of any kind whatsoever, in respect of any and all COVID-19-related personal injury or loss which I may suffer arising out of or connected with my attending at and using the facilities of the Club, even if such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by the negligence or breach of duty of the Club.
I understand and will comply with the following social distancing and City of Toronto guidelines at all times:
- I will follow municipal, provincial and country-wide recommendations for Social Distancing and Virus prevention at all times.
- Prior to attending a community tennis club like East York Tennis Club, I will do the self assessment for COVID-19 on the Ontario Ministry of Health website. If I do not pass the assessment, I will not attend a community tennis club court until I pass the assessment and do not have signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Here is the link to take the self assessment. It only takes a couple of minutes to do the assessment.
- I will book my court ahead of time and only be at the Club for pre-scheduled activities.
- I will not congregate with members outside of my household in any common areas.
- I will refer to the club administrators if I have any questions whatsoever, and if in doubt will not book a court until I have clarified all questions and understand the expected protocols.
Highlights of Changes to Tennis Play at East York Tennis Club
- All members will be expected to practice physical distancing by maintaining a two metre (six feet) distance from others.
- Singles play only (no doubles at this time).
- Bring your own balls, water and hand sanitizer.
- No guests or spectators allowed at the site.
- Online court booking only using GameTime – our new online court booking system allowing us to trace players (as per City of Toronto Guidelines).
- The courts will be open for members from 9AM to 1PM in the morning and 6 PM to 10 PM in the evening.
- Staff will be on-site during member hours to sign in players.
- The Clubhouse and washrooms are closed.
- All group activity, team play and socials have been cancelled for now.
Special Requirements for Juniors During COVID-19
Each Junior’s Parent or Guardian is responsible to ensure that their Junior is aware of the signs and symptoms of COVID-19. In addition, the Parent or Guardian must assist the Junior to self-screen to limit the introduction of the COVID-19 infection.
Juniors under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible person aged 16 or over who is also a Club member.
Thank you for reading and we look forward to your joining us as a 2020 member of the East York Tennis Club!